
The lid is propped up in the back.The dutch oven is not pictured.

Number 2 is this cornbread pan I found at goodwill for $9.99. It cost $24.95 on the Lodge website. We do use it for cornbread, but it actually works really well for eggs, if you don't mind them being triangles. There is so much more cast iron cookware that we want. We love adding to our collection. The only rule is that it HAS to be "Lodge" cast iron. This is Daniel's rule which has been strictly enforced in our house. It's Lodge, or it's out! So why am I blogging about our cookware? Good question. I don't know. I just really like my cast iron. I am officially labeling myself a cast iron lover and collector. Also, it kind of makes me feel like a tough, strong woman when I lift a heavy cast iron pan out of my oven with a delicious home cooked meal in it. Sometimes, I even have to use both hands to lift it out of the oven. It's a domestic feeling. I really enjoy trying, and I emphasize "trying" to be domestic. (I am a closet Martha Stewart fan...shh! Don't tell!)
6 comments:
hmm looks cool...I have not converted to cast iron...sorry... its Teflon for me! But I think your egg cooker looks really cool!!
As you know we are addicted to cast iron too! I'll have to tell Justin about your collection. Every gift he wants to give at weddings is a cast iron skillet.
I have a couple of Lodge dutch ovens, can I be in the club?
I love cast iron! Do you season them yourself when you get them new or buy them pre-seasoned?
Too funny. I use mine all the time. It is really starting to be awesome.... Good cast iron takes time...right? Thanks Dan.
Another benefit to having cast iron cookware: too heavy to fling around at spouse. JK
Sounds like you are not only getting domesticated but stronger!
Thanks for letting me in on your blog, I love it!
Post a Comment