Sunday, January 4, 2009

Grandpa's funeral and new years eve

In an effort to catch up on my blog here are some pictures from new years eve and Grandpa's funeral. Some of the people at Laurels house. Rokus's, Flower's, Tidwell's, Marquez's and my in-laws.
Laurel and baby Tyce, Angie and Chris.

On new years eve our kids were sick, so we decided that we shouldn't take them to a party. Daniel offered to stay home and let me go. I wasn't going to refuse that! I went to my aunts house for about an hour then I went to my sister;s house who was throwing a new years/goodbye party for some people from our old ward. They had rock band there and it kept adults and children alike occupied for hours.



Me and Baby Tyce on New years. He was over stimulated and I felt bad for him so I rocked him to sleep. He is way cute!


My grandpa's funeral was on the 27th. He passed away on the 21st. Due to the crazy weather conditions, my sisters and I all decided that we should not try to travel to the funeral in Idaho. We only decided that because the funeral was able to broadcast the funeral on-line. We all went to Laurels house in our Sunday best to watch the funeral together. It was a very nice funeral and more than a few tears were shed. I've lost 2 Grandparents already, but I was prepared for their deaths. With this Grandpa, I was not ready and I was very upset by it. I cried for days. I still cry when I get to thinking about him. He was a wonderful man and I miss him terribly. This picture is me and Max right after he woke up from his nap.




Still groggy after nap time. Presh.



Cilla gettin' some action from her Tan Tan the Man Man.




The videos are some rock band action and the REALLY loud eardrum splitting fireworks. At the end of the video, someone tossed a firework over the sound wall, so everyone kinda panicked, but it wasn't a big deal.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A new posting!!! I love that picture with you and Tyce. It is so sweet. I'm sorry to hear about your Grandpa. He must have been a great man.

Anonymous said...

That rock band was so fun. My favorite part was watching the kids.

Tammy said...

AWW I'm sorry to hear about your Grandpa. Looks like your New Years Eve was fun! I still haven't tried rock band, but it looks so fun! You look gorgeous, by the way, in that picture with your nephew.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...