Saturday, March 7, 2009

"Don't let the voice of critic's paralyze you"

I have always struggled with my talents. I have always wondered what my talents are. I can't play a musical instrument. I can't paint a masterpiece. I have nothing that I can share with others. I am not unique in any way, or if you will, I am not a right brain thinker. I often feel intimidated by the people around me who are amazingly talented. My insecurities take the lead and hold me back on a regular basis. I have an intense desire to be more creative. I will often get an idea and then shove it in to the back of my head because I am to insecure to follow through. This video has inspired me. Elder uchtdorf has completely captured my feelings and instilled a new confidence in me. I believe his words are truly inspired by God. I love this video and whoever "created" it.




To read the entire talk click here! It's amazing!

4 comments:

Pricilla said...

That is one of my favorite talks! I love the video, it gave me chills.

april b said...

I love this talk! It gave me chills when I first heard it and it has inspired me to be more creative in little ways. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I watched this before. It's awesome. I think you need a hobby you do with your hands, not your brain. Just a little unsolicited advice for your younger sister.

--pidode, whatever this is don't do it. sounds really bad.

rochelle said...

Wow, I loved that video! I hadn't seen it before, so thanks for posting it! I do remember that talk though, and thinking it was really good. I felt similarly about being creative, but recently I decided to start doing things and not care if they don't look great at first, I just get a lot of satisfaction from being creative!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...