Thursday, May 6, 2010

Dieter knows just what to say!

"How I admire men, women, and children who know how to work! How the Lord loves the laborer! He said, 'In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread' (Genesis 3:19), and 'The laborer is worthy of his hire' (D&C 84:79). He also gave a promise: 'Thrust in your sickle with all your soul, and your sins are forgiven you' (D&C 31:5). Those who are unafraid to roll up their sleeves and lose themselves in the pursuit of worthwhile goals are a blessing to their families, communities, nations, and to the Church."
Dieter F. Uchtdorf,, Two Principles for Any Economy, Ensign, Nov. 2009, 56


This is today's daily gem, and it is soooo perfect for me right now! For the last 6 weeks I have been working on becoming a CNA. I have 1 week left, then in June I will take the state board exam (super nervous). It's been a huge strain on my family but this just makes me feel like it is totally worth it. Also, I completely love the knowledge I've gained, and caring for people. It's been an amazing experience for me. I would LOVE to be a nurse someday. I figure that I don't need to rush to finish school, I need to focus on my family, but, I'll get there a little at a time. The CNA course is a great stepping stone towards my goal. I greatly admire mothers who have finished their educations. What a great example to set! I hope that when my children are grown they can admire our efforts to finish our educations, and will have the same desire within themselves.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I pretty much love most everything Dieter says. Good luck with all your goals!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...