Saturday, September 11, 2010

Thoughts and a family update

So, I have several pictures I want to post, but I cannot find the charger for my camera battery, so for now, here's my thoughts on my goals and a family update.

1. Sugar SUCKS! That ought to explain how I am doing on that goal.
2. I canned applesauce a few days ago. I am counting that as cooking something new. I've never canned something by myself, I've only helped other people can. I had fun, I am glad to have the knowledge and plan on canning more. BUT, I was ready to be done with it about mid project. My back was killing me.
3. My sis showed me some photography tips, but, since I can't charge my camera, I have not been able to try it out very much.
4. There is a guitar at Costco right now that I am very tempted to buy. It's 125 bucks...we'll see.
5. I've been trying to read my scriptures and have FHE...Trying. Still a work in progress of course.
6. Organizing! Can I just say that I love planners! Or rather, I love the IDEA of them. I have used planners on and off for ever. I just bought, yet another, new planner, and I am using it to organize my life and plan ahead. I WILL stick with it until it's a habit that I cannot live without. I want to be completely reliant on it.
7. I have been doing my hair everyday! by "doing" I mean blow drying. Hey, it counts in my book!
8. Fitness...fitness??
9. With the exception of last Holiday weekend, I have been trying to post something everyday. Big post, or small post, with or without pictures,  something is something!

Besides my goals, here is what else we are up to.
The kids are awesome. they change so much everyday it just amazes me! They also challenge me everyday, and at times I am exhausted and frustrated, and angry, and just at a complete loss for words at their actions. Like when they get in to the top cupboards and dump whatever they find on the floor (often), or when they fight, kick, hit and bite each other...or Clares extreme temper tantrums...not gonna sugar coat, my kids can be crazy (just don't tell me that if you run in to me at the grocery store...lol). On the other hand, I also catch them sharing, and playing together nicely, hugging and kissing each other, and telling everyone  "I love you".

Clare is getting ready to start her 2nd year of preschool and speech therapy. She is so excited, and i am really looking forward to some one on one time with max again. She really thrives when she has strict routines, and as much as I tried to keep a routine all summer, I think she enjoys being around her teachers and friends.

Max is potty trained! I started last month, and it seriously took 3 days. Of course he still has the occasional accident, but that is to be expected. So, I got him potty trained 2 months before his 3rd birthday! Go me! Come on, I think I deserve a pat on the back for that!  I will never EVER try to potty train to early again. I started Clare at 23 months, and it took 6 months of TORTURE! Never again. Everyone told me boys were harder to potty train but that was not my experience. I think it just depends on the child, not the gender.
He is also talking very well. i think he may also need speech therapy, but i am not going to be to quick about it. I think he may just need time. We'll see.

Daniel is heading back to school...again. He is just going to wrap up a transfer degree as fast as he can (less than a year) and transfer to OSU, PSU, Western Oregon. Who knows. We'll cross that bridge when we get there. He is really excited because he is not going to do online, but going to campus again. He really thrives that way, on line school is definitely not meant for everyone. It was a struggle for him, and he is one of the smartest people I know! Having a full time job, a part time job, a wife and 2 children definitely takes it's toll an your capacity to study...

I am keeping busy, and using my blog as my outlet. Focusing on a my list of goals has been really fun! I will probably just keep adding goals, and trying to improve myself forever!

2 comments:

Pricilla said...

So cool Cam! You are doing awesome. You should be proud of the changes that you have made. You can't do it all in one day, so you are off to a great start. Very cool.

teresia said...

You have grown into a absolutely wonderful woman. You are a wonderful writter and take delightful photos. Why can't you give me one of those to paint???
Your little family is so sweet and cute. I love your blogs. Thank you for being my daughter.
H & K mom

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...