To make this story a little shorter, this bottle WAS filled with soap. The kids dumped all if the soap out in to the tub during bath time, leaving an empty bottle. The next day, this bottle was filled with what I thought was watered down dish sap that Daniel must have filled it with to compensate for the missing soap. So, I just left it alone. Later on, the bottle was gone. I just thought that was weird, and went on with the day. today, I went in the bathroom to wipe down the counter and when I opened up the cupboard to get the Lysol wipes, there was the mysterious bottle again. I decided to do further investigation this time. I shook it around a little. "Is this really watered down dish soap?" I thought. I opened it up. I took a big ol' whiff. Sure enough, NOT soap. I turned to Clare, who was "helping" me. I asked her what it was. "It's just pee." she said. "who peed in this?" "Just Max."
I went in to the living room where I asked Daniel if had used this "soap". For those who don't know. Daniel has no sense of smell. None. Zip. Can't smell a flower or a fart. Nada. So, he could have easily thought the same thing I did, and unknowingly washed his hands with pee. Luckily he said no. PHEW! I told him what it was. We were both cracking up, when Max saw what I had. He instantly got upset. He did not want me messing with his bottle of pee. he was clearly enjoying peeing in to his bottle. Between our laughter, we explained that he would have to pee in the toilet from now on. This was yucky. After snapping a photo of the bottle (Duh, great blog material, must be documented for future remembrance and laughter!) I disposed of it.
A little later, I saw Max heading to the bathroom. I wondered what he would do...
Sure enough, he was looking for his bottle to pee in. I told him it was gone, so after moping for a second, he of course just used the toilet. I conclude from this that little boys are born with instincts on how to make gun noises, car noises, and also instinctively know that they can pee anywhere and in to whatever they want.
Boys make life more interesting, that's for sure. We love our little man and all the parental adventures he we have with him.
3 comments:
That's boys for you! I've caught Jasper and Slate peeing in bottles in the bathtub.
Oh goodness. This is hilarious, and well written. But you mean to tell me, I have this sort of fun stuff to look forward to in the future? haha I'm actually excited, and maybe just a tad dreading. =)
yikes!!!!! lol!
Post a Comment