Well, we had a very busy fourth of July weekend. It all started on Thursday when I drove to the coast to pick up my sister who was here for her roommate reunion. Max got himself in an unusual predicament at the beach house, although he didn't seem to mind. It was great to get to see my sister and meet her 6 week old baby, Carter, for the first time. He is the 16th grandchild on my side and # 17 is due in september.
Silly boy!!
On Friday we went to our town parade with my immediate family and some extended family. This is half of our row.
Clare was VERY in to the parade and sat still the whole time. She really liked it. I can't say that she did so well while we waited at the waterfront for the fireworks to start. But once they did start, she was all eyes.
Max just couldn't take anymore and fell asleep in Grandpa's arms. So sweet!!
We had a DELICIOUS barbecue at my aunts house. Clare loved running around outside with everyone. I have to put that sign on her when we go places where there is food. It says "DO NOT FEED ME SEVERE ALLERGY. It has saved her a few times from the poisonous effects of milk. I usually have to clarify to people, not lactose intolerant, ALLERGIC!! It is a rare allergy, but it is diagnosed and will throw her into anifilactic shock. It is quite frightening to watch her go through it, but benedryl usually stops the reaction from progressing to shock, especially if given immediatly. Her airways have never completly closed, but there is wheezing and coughing and one miserable baby girl covered in hives and vomitting followed by diarhea and rashes for days. Why did I go on and on about this? I figure the more people who know about her allergy and the severity of it the better, so read on people!! Don't poison my baby!! Oh yeah, and happy fourth of July!
Silly boy!!
On Friday we went to our town parade with my immediate family and some extended family. This is half of our row.
Clare was VERY in to the parade and sat still the whole time. She really liked it. I can't say that she did so well while we waited at the waterfront for the fireworks to start. But once they did start, she was all eyes.
Max just couldn't take anymore and fell asleep in Grandpa's arms. So sweet!!
We had a DELICIOUS barbecue at my aunts house. Clare loved running around outside with everyone. I have to put that sign on her when we go places where there is food. It says "DO NOT FEED ME SEVERE ALLERGY. It has saved her a few times from the poisonous effects of milk. I usually have to clarify to people, not lactose intolerant, ALLERGIC!! It is a rare allergy, but it is diagnosed and will throw her into anifilactic shock. It is quite frightening to watch her go through it, but benedryl usually stops the reaction from progressing to shock, especially if given immediatly. Her airways have never completly closed, but there is wheezing and coughing and one miserable baby girl covered in hives and vomitting followed by diarhea and rashes for days. Why did I go on and on about this? I figure the more people who know about her allergy and the severity of it the better, so read on people!! Don't poison my baby!! Oh yeah, and happy fourth of July!
No comments:
Post a Comment