Monday, April 13, 2009

Family picnic and the bonneville dam

Sorry, no pictures. I couldn't find my camera which was very traumatizing for me. I LOVE my camera. Anyway, in honor of my families 20th anniversary, we did a Stephen Arave family tradition. We went on a drive up the Columbia River Gorge. We love the Gorge, it's beautiful! We went to Cascade Locks where there is a nice little park, had a picnic and then packed up and headed down the freeway to the Columbia river Dam. In the visitors center they have underwater windows where you can watch the fish swimming up the "fish ladder". There weren't many fish, but we saw a few. Clare kept looking at the taxidermy fish and pointing at their teeth saying "owe!" After the visitors center we went to the the fish hatchery where you can feed the trout. Clare and all my nephews and nieces liked that a lot. You can also go and see the really old sturgeon that they keep there. The have really big, really old one. I think it said that it was 70 years old, but I can't remember for certain. All in all, we had a really fun day trip together, I just wish I'd had my camera...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...