Today, I am feeling VERY annoyed. It seriously bothers me when store employees tell my children to "sit down". Costco is especially on my poop list regarding this. I acknowledge that they "have to" for legal and insurance reasons. BUT BUT BUT, if I am already dealing with the issue, I.E telling them to sit and enforcing it, should they still intrude???? NO! NO! NO! I am the mother and I am dealing with it!!!! Children will be children. They simply will stand up every now and then. I know that's not safe, I am a mother for Pete's sake!!! That's why I tell them to sit down! I I I I I ME ME tell them to sit, not the 18 year old twit who somehow knows everything about parenting!!!!
One time, a Costco employee even grabbed Max and sat him down! I could not believe my eyes.
I also have to say that it's not always a store employee either. Sometimes it's the 70 year old shopper who already raised her kids and apparently forgotten all about it! " I never let MY children do that." Makes me want to ask if shopping carts were even invented back then!
Now, let me defend my children because I fear that I have cast a bad image of them. They are typically well behaved in the store. I have to repeat myself a lot, but they learn by repetition. If I only have Clare with me, she doesn't even ride in the basket, she walks with me. If I just have max, all my attention his, so he sits relatively still(for a 2 year old). Both of them with me means they both ride in the cart. Clare likes to sit in the child seat and Max like to ride in the basket itself. Now, just like all kids, they have good days and bad days. Sometimes they are little monkeys, other time they stay in check. On monkey shopping trips, I get in and out as fast as passable. But, most times I can bide my time and just keep reminding them that they need to stay on their bottoms.
I am seriously venting here. I have seriously wanted to chew people out over this, but never have. There will always be another store and another employee and a million old people out there who will tell my kids to sit down. Maybe I will just stop parenting in the store and let all these people who think they know better do it for me, after all, they know everything! that's why they get paid minimum freaking wage!!!!
Anybody else feel irritated by this???
2 comments:
jsut the other day, at Walmart, I told Emmah to go get some crayons on sale. I was less than 10 feet away from her, when the employee said, "no running" I said something. I said, she's not running, she's walking fast, I am right here, HER MOTHER, and I got this! The lady just looked at me. Then another time, along time ago, Bosston was brand new, Nick had Emmah on his shoulders, and the employee told him that he shouldn't carry her like that in the store, bc she could get hurt, and by law, she was responsible to tell him to take his daughter down. Nick ignored the lady, and just said, she is my daughter, and I am not going to put her in any danger. I am strong, she weighs like 22 pounds, and she had no right telling him how he could or could not carry his daughter. I too get annoyed when people just think they can say what they want. The worst is when your kid is crying, and people just stare. I just say, he's two, deal with it. Anyway, people should just butt out!
I so agree! I feel like this after pretty much every time I go out with all three. Every person who feels the need to comment on my children's behavior, or just has to comment on the fact that I have three little kids, really starts to bug me. And the whole telling-my-kid-to-sit-down thing really irritates me.
Post a Comment